Yosemite - Glacier Point- 2017
Every summer the Santa Cruz Astronomy Club packs up our telescopes and camping gear for a trip to Glacier Point in Yosemite National park. It's a fun weekend of observing and sharing the night sky with park visitors from all over the world.
This year, its the nights of June 16th & 17th, 2017.
If you are interested in attending this event sponsored by the park, please check out the files listed below the map.
* In the Glacier Point Star Party FAQs (Frequently Answered Questions) document below you can find:
- A history of the Glacier Point Star Parties
- How the club dates are assigned
- Getting into the park
- Bridalveil Creek Campground
- The Star Party
* Maps of the campground site
* Map of Glacier Point parking and setup area
* Volunteer Service Agreement form. Please fill out and bring to park. A ranger will collect them from us at Glacier Point.
Only fill out one of the two posted forms (two different pdf formats).
* Yosemite Entrance Fee Waiver (Will be posted below about a month before our assigned date)
Glacier Point is at 37.727777,-119.572937 (or, 37° 43.66' North, 119° 34.38' West).